Personal Experience with Wine

           This first blog entry is intended to highlight my personal experiences with wine and some things that I would like to learn about wine from being enrolled this course, Geography of Wine. I signed up for this class with the hopes of taking a course that was completely different than those that I am generally used to as an engineering major.
            Based upon my limited experience with wines, I have found that I tend to enjoy white wines as opposed to reds. I have tried more varieties of white wine than red, so this may be why I have grown to prefer them. I enjoy wines that have a slight sweetness, but do not want them to be overwhelmingly sweet.
            Speaking to my experience, I do not have a great knowledge of wine overall. My parents drink wine on a regular basis, and therefore I am somewhat familiar with certain names of wines; however, I do not know the characteristics of those wines. I will occasionally have a glass of wine with dinner with my family, or in a small social setting with friends. I think this class will encourage me to try new wines, and learn about the many characteristics of each variety. I have never been to a vineyard or wine tasting, and that is also something that I would like to experience while enrolled in this course. I am hopeful that the course will help me better understand how to choose wines in the store that I will like, and how to generally speak about wines in a social or professional setting.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting: Vinedos Real Rubio Rioja Crianza

Tasting- Garnacha de Fuego

Tasting- Arrow Creek Merlot